We recruit and train staff to ensure the right people and the right skills are brought together
We are able to increase resource flexibility and develop process and productivity improvements so as to reduce your overall operating costs.
We have the capability to match the size of team to your requirements, from small sites with 10 people up to large sites that need 500 staff. We operate a rigorous selection process to obtain the right staff, all of which carry out specialist inductions at our sites. The majority of our staff are qualified food handlers and will have passed the Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering. We provide on-site management for the following:
We ensure we operate in compliance with the Gangmasters Licensing Authority Standards as set October 2006 with any future amendments and maintain membership of the Association of Labour Providers. We also maintain the Public Liability and Employers Liability Insurance to a level of £10,000,000.
We take responsibility to advertise the requirement of the job criteria which includes the process to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment such as nationality, rules/right to work etc. and provide appropriate documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history, criminal record (unspent convictions only). Our process is:
- To be an equal opportunities employer
- To receive expressions of interest
- To check basic eligibility criteria, during which some may be rejected
- Issue an application pack, including verification forms with a caveat that this information will be checked prior to any subsequent offer of employment but will not be used as part of the sift
- Receive completed application forms and completed verification form
- Sift applicants (based on suitability for the job) and issue invitations for interview
- Issue invitations for induction and test including the need to bring with them photo and/or other permissible ID verification documents
- Test and/or interview, where ID and other previously provided details can be verified/checked face-to-face
- Obtain references in all cases
- Select on merit and offer of employment, subject to completion of any outstanding checks
- Complete verification record form
- Carry out inductions to clients standard module
- Maintain ethical standards in all of our recruitment.
We maintain staff records for every temporary worker which includes:
- National Insurance details
- Proof of identity and eligibility criteria
- The record and maintenance of records for any ‘on the job’ additional training which may be carried out by our clients trainers
- Scoring potential workers to ensure the stated pass mark is achieved
- Training all temporary workers to pass the Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing Scoring, and if satisfactory, awarding an ‘in house’ certificate to verify such training.
We ensure that we:
- Receive a daily labour requirement schedule form the client and provide the temporary workers to achieve that level
- Maintain ‘skills’ levels within lines and maximise line throughputs
- Notify temporary workers of their shift patterns
- Provide daily forecast and actual costs
- Appoint shift supervisors within each site where it is anticipated that the shift will exceed 15 people.
All Aktrion staff are fully inducted and tested in Health & Safety and Food Safety as part of their standard recruitment process. This includes specific elements relating to the site where they are working and the manufacturing processes and products involved. We ensure that every induction covers the full requirements of the client.
Aktrion staff are also eligible to enter the Aktrion NVQ2 programme for performing a manufacturing operation which is very much geared to food processing and manufacturing.
In addition to being focused on delivering the most effective training we have also introduced a dedicated ‘Training Academy’ and are currently developing a ‘Centre of Excellence’ that will benefit our own employees and give customers the opportunity to undergo a variety of specialised training courses, all conducted by our qualified and experienced a training professionals. These courses include:
- Fork Lift Truck Training
- RTITB Approved
- Apprenticeship Training Government Funded Courses Free to NVQ Level 2
- Manual Handling
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety.
Supervisors roles include:
- Checking staff signing in for perfume, jewellery, correctly placed hairnets, correct overalls false nails etc and correct P.P.E
- Notifying the office of any shortages when staff have signed in
- Liaising with production supervisors
- Introducing any new staff to production supervisors, fire exits, general operations procedure and reminder regarding the clients specific requirements.
Health & safety
Part of our Induction requires that temporary workers are trained in Health & Safety on-site and we will ensure that each worker is trained and tested in this discipline. Health questionnaires are completed by the temporary worker and submitted to the clients. They are passed onto the Occupational Health department for approval prior to any employment. A handbook is issued to all temporary workers and records maintained. We also provide the required safety footwear to all temporary workers.
Our engineers perform full process studies on your manufacturing operation to identify areas for: process improvement; productivity improvement; cost reduction; efficiency improvement; waste reduction and yield improvement. All projects are presented to you in a comprehensive report including costs and gains. We are also able to design, cost and manage all minor works and plant re-layout, equipment modification/addition and plant installation projects.